Happy World Animals Day: significance, history, poster, wishes, quotes to share with close ones: World Animal Day is observed annually on October 4. The world will come together to celebrate World Animal Day. This special day is dedicated to raising awareness about the plight of animals and promoting their welfare. It is a day to honor the millions of species that share our planet and to recognize the important role they play in our lives.
The origins of World Animal Day can be traced back to 1931, when a group of ecologists in Florence, Italy, gathered to discuss ways to protect endangered species. The group decided to create a special day to raise awareness about the need for animal conservation, and October 4th was chosen as the date because it is the feast day of St. Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals.
Since then, World Animal Day has grown into a global movement that is celebrated in countries all over the world. On this day, people organize events and activities that promote animal welfare and raise awareness about the issues facing animals.
One of the primary goals of World Animal Day is to raise awareness about animal cruelty and the need for animal protection laws. Sadly, many animals are subjected to abuse, neglect, and exploitation every day. Whether it is the use of animals in research, the abuse of farm animals, or the hunting of endangered species, animals all over the world are suffering.
World Animal Day seeks to change this by promoting a culture of kindness and compassion towards animals. This means treating animals with respect and dignity, and recognizing that they have their own intrinsic value and rights.
Another important goal of World Animal Day is to raise awareness about animal conservation. Many species are threatened with extinction due to habitat destruction, climate change, and other human activities. It is our responsibility to protect these animals and ensure that they have a future on our planet.
Significance of World Animal Day
World Animal Day is significant because it raises awareness about animal welfare and encourages people to take action to help animals. The day also celebrates the bond between humans and animals and acknowledges the important role animals play in our lives.
History of World Animal Day
World Animal Day was first celebrated in 1931 by a group of animal rights activists in Florence, Italy. Since then, it has been celebrated annually on October 4th. The date was chosen to coincide with the Feast Day of St. Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals.
CITES convention and Endangered Species of Animals-
CITES is a multilateral treaty to protect endangered animals and plants. It was formatted in 1973 and entered in force in 1975. The motto of the day also survive to great endangered animal species according to CITES. Famous animal endangered species-
- Orangutan- Malaysian for ‘Person of the forest.’
- Tasmanian Devil
- Snow leopard
- Sea Otter
- Asian Elephant
- Giant panda
Activities to Contribute to Save Animal-
- Attend local events.
- You can encourage people to save animals by endangered species portrait and slogans.
- Utilize the power by social media.
- Serve as a volunteer and donate some money for animal’s NGO.
- Adopt endangered species as a pet.
“A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves they walked to.” www.wewishes.com
“People speak sometimes about the “bestial” cruelty of man, but that is terribly unjust and offensive to beasts, no animal could ever be so cruel as a man, so artfully, so artistically cruel.” www.wewishes.com
“I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.himself.” www.wewishes.com
“I ask people why they have deer heads on their walls. They always say because it’s such a beautiful animal. There you go. I think my mother is attractive, but I have photographs of her.” www.wewishes.com
“If animals could speak, the dog would be a blundering outspoken fellow; but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much.” www.wewishes.com
“Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.” www.wewishes.com
“Animals are born who they are, accept it, and that is that. They live with greater peace than people do.” www.wewishes.com
“Besides love and sympathy, animals exhibit other qualities connected with the social instincts which in us would be called moral.” www.wewishes.com
“I think I could turn and live with the animals, they are so placid and self contained” www.wewishes.com
“Animals are the bridge between us and the beauty of all that is natural.” www.wewishes.com
“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” www.wewishes.com
“A dog is the only thing on earth that will love you more than you love yourself” www.wewishes.com
“The scientific name for an animal that doesn’t either run from or fight its enemies is lunch.”
An animal’s eyes have the power to speak a great language.”
Allow the power to flow through you. Don’t try to capture it. You wish only to borrow it.” www.wewishes.com
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” www.wewishes.com
“I don’t believe in the concept of hell, but if I did I would think of it as filled with people who were cruel to animals.” www.wewishes.com
“Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not die, so do other creatures” www.wewishes.com
"Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That’s the problem.”
“He could tell by the way animals walked that they were keeping time to some kind of music. Maybe it was the song in their own hearts that”
World Animal Day Greetings and Wishes
- “If animals could speak, the dog would be a blundering outspoken fellow; but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much.”
- “Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet.”
- “Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- “You can judge a man’s true character by the way he treats his fellow animals.”
- “If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.”
- “The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.”
- “The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”
- “Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.”
- “Happiness is a warm puppy.”
- “Dogs never bite me. Just humans.”
- “Animals are my friends…and I don’t eat my friends.”
- “Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.”
Cute World Animal Day Quotes
Poster on Endangered Animals with Slogan
- “If they extinct, they are never going to come back.”
- “Let us save them before they are gone far away.”
- “Save animals today to save our tomorrow.”
- We are meant to c-exist we them in this happy world.”
- “Save animals because their extinction is a threat to our survival.”
- “Animals are the companions of humans and humans must save them.”
- “Let us not hurt them but let us love them and save them.”
- “We have lost many but not we must save all the animals we have.”
Why is World Animal Day celebrated on October 4th?
What is the significance of World Animal Day?
How can I celebrate World Animal Day?