The first full moon in Ashadha (July-August) is called Guru Purnima following the summer solstice. This sacred day represents the first passing on from Shiva’s yogic science — the Adiyogi or first yogi — to his first disciples, the Saptarishis, the seven wise men. The Adiyogi was thus on that day the Adi Guru or the first Guru. This wisdom is borne by the Saptarishis across the world and even today any divine cycle on earth is drawn from Adiyogi ‘s spine of wisdom.
In Sanskrit, the term “guru” is translated as the “dispeller of mystery.” It is a philosophical practice in Hindu culture dedicated to divine and intellectual teachers of human evolution and salvation, who have little or no monetary expectation, on the basis of Karma Yoga. Guru Purnima’s day is traditionally the time when the guru is thanked by seekers and blessed. Guru Purnima is also a particularly useful day for yogic sadhana and meditation.
What is a Guru-
Throughout Hinduism, a spiritual teacher is believed required to direct a follower to their illumination.”Guru” translates in Sanskrit as “distributor of darkness.” Therefore, the guru distributes the obscurity of ignorance and leads the aspirants to the path to enlightenment. Therefore, Gurus must be self-illuminated. As their disciple teaches his followers gently the christian lifestyle, they show the value of daily prayer, right practice and good reasoning, all in order to give the disciple a happier way of living.
Story behind celebrating Guru Purnima-
In the highlands of the Himalayas, a yogi was discovered 15,000 years ago, according to Hindu tradition. No one knew where he came from but people felt and gathered around him his holy presence. He wasn’t animated precisely, he was meditating, actually. The only signs of his life were the rare tears of joy which flowed through his face. But they persevered. He ignored them. He gave them finally a quick preparatory step and once more closed his eyes. The 7 people began training. Many weeks, months had passed on but for another eighty-four years the yogis did not pay any more attention to them. The seven yogis later met and spread his awareness worldwide.
Rituals followed on Guru Purnima-
Usually, a practitioner will quickly meditate most of the day when observing Guru Purnima. You can go on a pilgrimage, give presents to your guru and wish them or read holy books, but spend much of the day thinking spiritually. Over time, this observance day has grown to include teachers of all kinds. Regardless of their faiths, Indian academics are congratulating their teachers on this day. Most schools, universities and colleges organize activities where students thank and wish their teachers and remember past graduates. Alumni visit teachers as a gesture of gratitude and present gifts.
Follow the quotes and wishes given below and wish your guru’s for their past gratitude. We wish all gurus a Happy Guru Purnima!
Happy Guru Purnima Wishes:
May guru’s blessings Always shower on you. Wish you a very Happy Guru Purnima
Right click on Image to Download
Be devoted to Guruon this holy day and always Happy Guru Purnima
Guru is Aspiration,
Guru is Inspiration Happy Guru Purnima
When it comes to teaching..
you are the BEST. Happy Guru Purnima!!
Happy Guru Purnima: Thank you for making me what I am today!
A Guru takes a hand, opens a mind, and touches a heart. Happy Guru Purnima
Today is the day to be grateful towards whom you learn from Wishes on guru purnima – Happy Guru Purnima
May Guru always shower his blessings on you. wish you a very Happy Guru Purnima.
On this day we honor guru like you, Who give of themselves in all that they do. Happy Guru Purnima
Be devoted to Guruon this holy day and always. Happy Guru Purnima
You have been my living inspiration Giving me lessons of truth and discipline Wishing you joy and happiness on Guru Purnima
Guru always helps one to get the knowledge & stands beside the students, when they have problems. Happy Guru Purnima
Be grateful towards those who helped you meet yourself. Happy Guru Purnima.
Happy Guru Purnima Quotes & Status:
- A Guru is not someone who holds a torch for you. He is the torch.
- May you realize the true purpose and potential of life. On this Guru Purnima, my Grace is upon you.
- Guru Purnima celebrates the human ability to rise beyond physical nature, and the Greatness of Adiyogi, who made this possible.
- Adiyogi does not belong to the past. He belongs to the future.
- A guru is like a candle – it consumes itself to light the way for others.
- Guru is everything in our eternal life, Nothing is possible without him. Happy Guru Purnima!
- Expressing gratitude to all my teachers who made me what I am today. A big thank you! Happy Guru Purnima!
- Worshipping the feet of the Guru is the ultimate of all worships
– Sri Guru Pranam
- Guru and God both appear before me. To whom should I prostrate?I bow before Guru who introduced God to me.
- The best Guru teach from the heart, not from the books.
- It is an incomparable journey where the Guru leads you from the visible to the invisible, from the material to the divine, from the ephemeral to the eternal.
- Guru is Shiva sans his three eyes, Vishnu sans his four arms, Brahma sans his four heads. He is parama Shiva himself in human form
- – Brahmanda Puran.
- To the world you may be just a Guru, but to your shishya you are everything.
- Guru is the creator Brahma, Guru is the preserver Vishnu, Guru is the destroyer Shiva. Guru is directly the supreme spirit — I offer my salutations to this Guru.
- – Adi Shankara
- A Guru’s purpose is not to create shishya in his own image, but to develop shishya who can create their own image.
- When it comes to teaching .. you are the BEST. Happy Guru Purnima!!
- There is no deity superior to the Guru, no gain better than the Guru’s grace … no state higher than a meditation on the Guru.
- Life needs some power to push you up, Guru is that super power. Happy Guru Purnima!
- As you walk with the Guru, you walk in the light of Existence, away from the darkness of ignorance. You leave behind all the problems of your life and move towards the peak experiences of life. Happy Guru Purnima
Happy Guru Purnima Wishes to Teacher
Thank you so much for enlightening me and eliminating darkness from my life. I couldn’t have achieved so much, had you not shown faith in me and my abilities.
This Guru Purnima here’s extending my warm greetings to my respected Hero, my Teacher.
I am an achiever today because I followed in your footsteps. Your faith in me has helped me broaden my vision and discover my hidden strengths. This Guru Purnima, I thank you for being my superstar.
Not only did you impart lessons to me in school, but you also helped me realise what humanity is. It was because of you that I learnt that there’s nothing sweeter than compassion and nothing more beautiful than peace.
Thank you, Teacher —a very blissful Guru Purnima to you.
You helped me resurrect when I had lost faith in myself. I failed you umpteen times, but you continued to believe that I had the power within to accept the toughest of challenges. And had you not held me firmly when I earnestly needed support, I wouldn’t have reached so far. Thank you for being my source of strength and power—a very Happy Guru Purnima to you.
You embraced my like a mother when I faired poorly,
You scolded me like a father when I faltered
You enlightened me like a teacher when I turned ignorant
And you shielded my like God when I felt threatened.
Thank you for everything, Teacher.
A very blissful Guru Purnima to you.
Happy Guru Purnima Wishes to Boss
A Boss always helps one to get knowledge and stands beside employees when they have problems. Happy Guru Purnima!
To the world, you may just be a boss but to your employees, you are a hero! Happy Guru Purnima!
- World Health Day Wishes 2021, Quotes, Images, Messages, Posters, WhatsApp Status
- Adorable best-selling wedding rings for couples.
- Marathi Language Day 2021 HD Images and Wallpapers for Free Download Online: WhatsApp Stickers, Facebook Messages, Signal Quotes and Telegram Greetings to Send on Marathi Bhasha Din
- Guru Ravidas Jayanti 2021 Messages in Hindi: WhatsApp Stickers, Magha Purnima HD Images, Facebook Wishes, Telegram Quotes and Signal Greetings to Mark Guru Ravidass’ Birth Anniversary
- National Science Day 2021: ‘They Found What/They Made What’, a Book That Introduces Children to Rare Discoveries of Indian Scientists, To Hit the Stands Today