World Blood Donor is celebrated worldwide annually. In 2020 it will celebrated on 14th June 2020. It was set up in 2004 to increase awareness of the need for healthy blood and blood products. It’s a life-saving gift of blood for maternal and child care. The need for safe blood is universal.
World Blood Donor Day seeks to increase recognition about the need for daily blood donors that are vital in maintaining a safe supply for the pharmaceutical sector and for promoting the diligent work about medical practitioners involved in research and development through advanced technologies and blood donor apps. These will feature emergency services that frequently use blood. This day is used to thank contributors for their contribution and their determination to save lives and change the environment.
In 2013, the largest blood donation drive was held where 61,902 participants donated blood across all over India. Blood is divided into four elements red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets, all floating in plasma.
Every year World Blood Donor Day is celebrated based on different themes. The campaign themes for this year are “SAFE BLOOD SAVE LIVES” .With the slogan “GIVE BLOOD AND MAKE the world a healthier place.” Blood is an essential resource, both for planned treatments and urgent interventions It can help patients with life-threatening conditions live longer and better lives with a higher quality.
This day creates awareness about blood donation and the importance of donating blood.
Objectives of blood donor day 2020:-
- Celebrate and thank people who give blood and urge more individuals to begin contributing.
- Increase the vital need to extend the accessibility of protection blood to any location and to save lives at any point
- A healthy transfusion of blood is from people age between 18 to 65 years.
- All donated blood always tested before transfusion for HIV, Hepatitis B, and other diseases for safe blood transmission.
There will be a consent form for blood donation for medical research.
Must-Know Facts about Blood Transfusion:-
- People with Type O- blood are universal donors
- People with Type AB+ – Blood is considered a universal recipient
- A donor always ensures that his/her age is between 18-65 years, and weight is more than 45 KG.
Different types of Blood donations are:-
- Whole Blood Donation
- Plasma Donation
- Platelets Donation
- Autologous Donation
- Directed or designated donation
Blood donation is a quick, simple, incredibly safe operation, but daily blood donors are just a limited subsection of the population. World blood donor day is an essential reminder of how, as there can never be such things as too many blood donations. Somebody needs blood every two seconds, In the United States alone!
The WHO works hard to ensure that blood donations worldwide are entirely unpaid and voluntarily initiated. Blood donor camps are organized in many cities by the organizations on this day to contribute in the society. Many people voluntary come and donate their blood to help the people who are in need. After the blood camp all the collected blood should be submitted in the blood banks which are opened in every area and city.
Give your healthy blood to the save lives of others.
Below are some beautiful quotes that will encourage you to donate blood and be a hero in someone’s life.
“Blood Donation will cost you nothing, but it will save a life!”
“If you really want to lend a hand, lend an arm.”
“We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
“I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat.” – Winston Churchill
“Never feel yourself weak, you have the ability to save a life. Just donate blood.”
“Donate your blood for a reason, let the reason to be life.”
“You are not important because of how long you live, you are important because of how effective you live.” – Myles Munroe
“Your little effort can give others second chance to live life.”
“To give blood you need neither extra strength nor extra food, and you will save a life.”
“Opportunities knock the door sometimes, so don’t let it go and donate blood.”
“Never refuse to donate blood if you can, as you may be the next needy.”
“You are Rock Star in someone’s life, donate blood.”
“Never lose the opportunity for blood donation as it always chose someone special.”
“Donate blood and be the reason of smile to many faces.”
“A drop of blood can save a life! Don’t waste it and donate blood.”
“Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
Best World Blood Donor Day Quotes:-
“Your Blood, My Life”
“One Bottle Blood, life alive”
“Mosquitoes get your costly blood first, so Donate this blood as soon as possible”
“Your blood is replaceable. A life is not.”
“You can share messages, why not blood?”
“Donate blood and be a hero of someone’s life.”
“Blood is that fragile scarlet tree we carry within us.”
- The theme of 2020 would be “Safe blood saves lives”.
- The theme of 2019 would be “Safe blood for all”.
- The theme of 2018 would be “Thank you for saving my life”.
- The theme of 2014 would be “Safe blood for saving mothers”.
- The theme of 2013 was “Give the gift of life: Donate blood.”
- The theme of 2012 was “Every blood donor is a hero”.
- The theme of 2011 was “More blood, more life”.
- The theme of 2010 was “New Blood for the World”.
- The theme of 2009 was “achieving 100 per cent non-remunerated donation of blood and blood components”.
- The theme of 2008 was “Giving blood regularly”.
- The theme of 2007 was “Safe Blood for Safe Motherhood”.
- The theme of 2006 was “Commitment to Ensure Universal Access to Safe Blood”.
- The theme of 2005 was “Celebrating your gift of blood”.
- The theme of 2004 was “Blood Saves Lives. Safe Blood Starts With Me”.
- Happy Raksha Bandhan (Rakhi) Wishes Quotes for Sister and Brother
- International Cat Day 2020 Quotes and Memes That’ll Speak To Your Cat-Loving Soul
- Friendship Day 2020: Quotes, Messages and Greetings Share With Your Best Friend
- Retirement Quotes and Sayings That Will Resonate With Any Retiree
- Eid Mubarak Wishes: Quotes, Status, Greetings, E-cards