Happy December Winter Solstice 2023 Wishes, Quotes, Greetings to Share : Every year December Winter Solstice is celebrated on 22 December with full of ecstasy enthusiasm. This is the day when we see the Longest Night and Shortest Day of the current year. This is the day when people full of with optimistic clouds and with a new energy. On the significant day people awaits to sleep a deep sleep with sweet dreams and also finish their routine life with the short duration of day. Because of our earth rotates on 23.4 degrees angle and during this magic period our Sun rays light straight on Tropic of Capricorn and North hemisphere achieve less sun rays, it is the reason that winter solstice happens in our earth. According to traditional rituals, people celebrate this magic day as the beginning of new hopes and dreams, this is the time when people feels more energetic to achieve their dreams. Here are some magical effects that you should know about the solstice day 2023-
- It is the shortest day of North Hemisphere of earth.
- It is the day when sun falls their rays in straight on tropic of Capricorn.
- It is the beautiful day that indicates that winter has come in north hemisphere.
So friends, Today is 22 December and Here is Winter Solstice 2023 History, Significance, Quotes, Wishes, Theme, Greetings, Wallpapers, Status that you can share with your friends and close one’s.
Also Read: Top 5 Winter Gardening Ideas
Winter Solstice 2023 Wikipedia, Brief Highlights
- Event Name- Winter Solstice 2023
- Type- Nature, Festival
- Observe Date- 22 December
- Significance- It is the day when sun rays falls directly on the tropic of Capricorn and north hemisphere achieves less light in compare of normal days.
- Related festivals- Makar Sankranti India, Yalda Night Iran, Sol Invictus in Italy
- Activity of Day- The Shortest Day and the Longest Night
- Frequency- Twice
Winter Solstice Quotes 2023
“Everything is flourishing with new hopes of optimism, this is the moment to enhance the richness of mind let’s create some innovative with the dim light of sun.”
- “Everywhere is mist, everything is covered with misty snow, it is time to uncover everything….let’s celebrate this Winter Solstice as the plenty day of earth.”
- “Warmth wishes on the Winter Solstice 2023, May this winter solstice illuminate your heart with prosperity, curiosity. “
- “If winter comes, can spring be far behind?” — Percy Bysshe Shelley
- “The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found?” — J.B. Priestley
- “Winter is not a season, it’s an occupation.” — Sinclair Lewis
- “What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.” — John Steinbeck
- “We build statues out of snow, and weep to see them melt.” — Walter Scott
- “Let us love winter, for it is the spring of genius.” — Pietro Aretino
- “The pine stays green in winter… wisdom in hardship.” — Norman Douglas
- “My old grandmother always used to say, ‘Summer friends will melt away like like summer snows, but winter friends are friends forever.” — George R.R. Martin
- “People don’t notice whether it’s winter or summer when they’re happy.” — Anton Chekhov
- “A snow day literally and figuratively falls from the sky, unbidden, and seems like a thing of wonder.” — Susan Orlean
- “I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, ‘Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.'” — Lewis Carroll
- “Getting an inch of snow is like winning 10 cents in the lottery.” — Bill Watterson
- “Great hope and illuminative dreams come in to your life to prosper your future. This active winter solstice also awake your hidden talent with her universal strength.”
Also Read: The World’s Biggest and Best Food Festivals
“Wings your dreams, fly high in the sky with this misty winter solstice 2023. Influence your bright future with the bright rays of winter solstice. “
“Kindness is like snow; it beautifies everything it covers.”— Kahlil Gibran.
“Sometimes, you need to revamp yourself over the winter, participate in things that make you appreciate what you have.”– Hannah Teter.
“Today we celebrate light and honor the wisdom of the shadows. In connecting with the natural world in a way that honors the sacred immanence in all things, we establish a resonance with the seasons.”― Dacha Avelin.
“Let us love winter, for it is the spring of genius.”— Pietro Aretino.
“Solstice is the reason for the season, so it is our duty to pay respect to them.”
“This is the solstice, the still point of the sun, its cusp and midnight, the year’s threshold and unlocking, where the past lets go of and becomes the future; the place of caught breath.”– Margaret Atwood.
“I celebrate the spirit of Christmas. It’s the winter solstice celebration, rebirth and new possibilities.”
- “At this season of the year, darkness is a more insistent thing than cold. The days are short as any dream.” ― E.B. White
- “Before anyone starts in on how we have not had a winter, let me just say, ‘No one asked you’.” — Jerrie Whiteley
- “The problem with winter sports is that-follow me closely here-they generally take place in winter.” — Dave Barry
- “The pale, cold light of the winter sunset did not beautify – it was like the light of truth itself.” — Willa Cather
- “How many lessons of faith and beauty we should lose, if there were no winter in our year!” — Thomas Wentworth Higginson
- “It was a black and white day of frost, which crawled along the dark trees and outlined twig and branch.” — Robert S. Hichens
- “It’s so hard to think in winter. The world seems confined in the space of your heart; you can’t see beyond yourself.” — Patricia A. McKillip
- “But only a person in the depths of despair neglected to look beyond winter to the spring that inevitably followed, bringing back color and life and hope.” — Mary Balogh
- “All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
On which day Winter Solstice Day occurs in India ?
India geographically situated in North Hemisphere on earth so here on 22 December winter solstice occurs every year.
Which Festival Indians are celebrated on the Winter Solstice ?
Indians celebrated Makar Sankranti festival on the occasion of winter solstice.
For more update stay tune with wewishes.com