World population day is the event celebrated annually on 11th July to protect the rights of both genders (male& female). The event was established by the governing council of the united nation development program in 1989. World population day objects to empower on the various factors like- Family planning, poverty, mental health, gender equality, human rights, etc. The big day is celebrated by the business groups, corporate, organizations, NGOs to educate people and also to remove the gender stereotypes from society. Many activities like seminars, discussions, conferences, etc. were held to bring awareness about the dangers of early childbirth and to educate the people about the pregnancy-related illness also the essay competitions and initiative of educational information sessions were taken by many of the people. It is praised by the interest of the public when the global population becomes near about 5 billion in the year 1987.
- The World Day of Population is a chance to renew our dedication to helping young individuals unleash social progress. There are numerous goals describing why World Population Day should be celebrated.
- To empower and protect the rights of youths.
- To provide them with a detailed understanding of sexuality and delay weddings until they know their duties.
- Educate young people with sensible and youth-friendly measures to prevent unwanted pregnancies
- Educate them on STD (sexually transmitted diseases) to avoid different infections.
- Request for some efficient legislation and policies to safeguard the rights of girls.
- Ensure that girls and boys have equal access to the main education
- Ensure that reproductive health services are easily accessible everywhere as part of every couple’s fundamental main health.
World Population Day Quotes 2019
“In order to stabilize world population, we must eliminate 350,000 per day”. – Jacques Yves CousteauAdvertisementAdvertisement
“Close to a billion people – one-eighth of the world’s population – still live in hunger. Each year 2 million children die through malnutrition. This is happening at a time when doctors in Britain are warning of the spread of obesity. We are eating too much while others starve”. – Jonathan Sacks
“You cannot control your own population by force, but it can be distracted by consumption”. – Noam Chomsky
“The power of population is indefinitely greater than the power in the earth to produce subsistence for man”. – Thomas Malthus
“A finite world can support only a finite population; therefore, population growth must eventually equal zero”. – Garrett Hardin
“Every State has the primary duty to protect its own population from grave and sustained violations of human rights, as well as from the consequences of humanitarian crises, whether natural or man-made”. – Pope Benedict XVI
“Population, when unchecked, increases in a geometrical ratio”. – Thomas Malthus
“Population, when unchecked, goes on doubling itself every 25 years or increases in a geometrical ratio”. – Thomas Malthus
“Almost half of the population of the world lives in rural regions and mostly in a state of poverty. Such inequalities in human development have been one of the primary reasons for unrest and, in some parts of the world, even violence”. – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
- Happy Friday Quotes to Celebrate The Weekend
- Mirzapur 2: Dialogues Pankaj Tripathi and Ali Fazal Dialogues
- World Savings (Thrift) Day 2020: Wishes, Quotes, Messages & Poster
- Dating in the era of Coronavirus: how quarantine changes the rules of dating
- World Development Information Day 2020 Quotes, Poster, Images, History