Durga Puja or Navratri is a carnival and emotion that marks the time of happy tides. It is the auspicious festival which observed in India two times in Chaitr (March or April) and Ashvin (September or October) according to Hindu calendar. Mother Goddess Durga is a symbol of strength and wealth. In Hindu culture as per mythology, the festival marks the victory of Goddess Durga in her battle against Mahishasura. Thus the festival is the sign of good over evil. In North India, it is celebrated as a victory of Rama against Ravana and as a symbol of effigies of Ravna burnt.
Navratri Festival Dates in 2023
- Navratri Day 1: Pratipada Maa Shailputri Puja Ghatasthapana 22nd March 2023 (Wednesday)
- Navratri Day 2: Dvitiya Maa Brahmacharini Puja 23rd March 2023 (Thursday)
- Navratri Day 3: Tritiya Maa Chandraghanta Puja 24th March 2023 (Friday)
- Navratri Day 4: Chaturthi Maa Kushmanda Puja 25th March 2023 (Saturday)
- Navratri Day 5: Panchami Maa Skandamata Puja 26th March 2023 (Sunday)
- Navratri Day 6: Shashti Maa Katyayani Puja 27th March 2023 (Monday)
- Navratri Day 7: Saptami Maa Kalaratri Puja 28th March 2023 (Tuesday)
- Navratri Day 8: Ashtami Maa MahaGauri Puja 29th March 2023 (Wednesday)
- Navratri Day 9: Navami Maa Siddhidatri Puja Ram Navami 30th March 2023 (Thursday)
- Navratri Day 10: Dashami Navratri Parana 31st March 2023 (Friday)
Vedic civilization and Goddess Durga-
The history and worship of the mother goddess origins in Vedic civilization, Ram remembered Mother Kali before his battle against Ravan. In Puran and Mahabharata also sources consist of the history ancient Shaktipeeth of Maa Durga. To save god Shankar from Mahishasur coup, Vishnu changed his form as a beautiful goddess, also related to Maa Durga and her embodiment. [adace-ad id="6046"]
Animal Sacrifice Rituals on Durga Puja -
Animal sacrifices were part of the ancient Vedic religion of India. The modern practice of Hindu animal sacrifice is mostly associated on Durga Puja and Shaktism. It is the traditional ritual refers to the blood an animal. However this is a misdeed which the government has banned.
9. Avatars or forms on Navratri-
- Shailputri- The daughter of Himalaya.
- Brahmcharini- Pravti as a great Sati and her unmarried self.
- Chandraghanta- Pravti started adoring half Chandra (moon) and Gang River on the forehead.
- Kushmand- As the creator or omnipotent goddess of the universe.
- Skandamata- Goddess rides on a lion with her four hands.
- Katayaini- Most violent and cruel shape of the mother goddess to finish darkness.
- Kalaratri- Embraces a dark complexion to kill demons.
- Mahagauri- The white and beautiful complexion of the goddess.
- Siddhidaatri- Great form and pleasant form of a goddess, sitting on Lotus.
Community faith and worship-
- Durga puja festival celebrated in Southeast India on large scale. In West Bengal and Assam, it is known as a family adorable goddess.
- Indian Army also worships goddess Temedrav as a victory on the Pakistan war in 1972.
- Chouhan dynasty emperor worships their weapons and swords during Navratri etc.
Famous Temples in India of Goddess-[adace-ad id="6046"]
- Kamakhya temple (Assam)
- Karni Mata temple (Rajasthan)
- Vaishno Devi temple (Jammu Kashmir)
- Chamunda Devi temple (Himachal Pradesh)
- Bamleshwari Devi temple (Chhattisgarh)
Center of the faith and religious ideas sign Navratri and Durga puja observed with great fanfare and devotion for nine nights and ten days. During these nine days devotee solemnly Fast and offer prayer to the goddess Shakti. Each day has a special significance and on the goddess is worshipped.
"Kya hai paapi kya hai ghamandi
maa k dar par sabhi shees jhukate
milta hai chain tere dar pe maiya
jholi bharke sabhi hai jaate
"Lal ring ki chunari se saja Maa ka darbar ,
Harshit hua man, pulkit hua sansar ,
Nanhe nanhe kadmon se Maa aaye apke dwar ,
Mubarak ho aap ko Navratri ka tyohaar .
Wish You a Very Happy Navratri"
"Maiya Hai Meri Sheronwali
Shan Hai Ma Ki Badi Nirali
Sacha Hai Ma Ka Darbar
Maiya Ka Jawab Nahi .
Unche Parbat Bhawan Nirala
Bhawan Mein Dekho Singh Vishala
Saacha Hai Maa Ka Darbar
Maiya Ka Jawab Nahi .
"Chand ki chandani, Basant ki bahar ,
Phoolo ki khushbu, Apno ka pyar ,
Mubarak ho aapko NAVRATRI ka Tyohar ,
Sada khush rahe aap aur apka Parivar !!!"
"Khushian Ho Overflow ,
Masti Kabhi Na Ho Low ,
Apnonka Surur Chaya Rahe ,
Dil Me Bhari Maya Rahe ,
Shohrat Ki Ho Bauchhar ,
Aisa Aaye Aapke Liye Dandia Ka teyohar ,
Happy Durga Puja"
"Mubarak ho aapko NAVRATRI
Bajre ki roti ,
aam ka achar ,
suraj ki kirne, khushiyo ki bahar ,
chanda ki chandni, apano ka pyar ,
mubarak ho aapko
'NAVRATRI' ka tyohar."