March 17 is right around the corner — which means it's time to break out all the green clothing and festive boozy drinks for St. Paddy's Day! Whether you're attending a parade with family or going on a bar crawl with friends, celebrating the spirited Irish holiday means that there will be plenty of magical moments to capture on camera — especially with all those festive decorations at the party and plenty of delicious desserts. Of course, after you've got that perfect shot of you in your holiday outfit (perhaps a funny St. Patrick's Day T-Shirt?), you'll definitely need a caption that's just as magical and charming as a leprechaun himself.
That's why we've rounded up some of the best Instagram caption ideas for your St. Patrick's Day photo needs, so you can get all the likes (and absolutely no pinches) come March 17 this year. From the best St. Paddy's quotes to the funniest and cutest one-liners, check out our list of the best St. Patrick's Day Instagram captions, inspired by luck and jokes as well as some of the best quotes, songs, and Irish blessings.
Don't forget to check out Good Housekeeping's St. Patrick's Day Ideas 2020.
Lucky St. Patrick's Day Captions
- Found my lucky charm!
- May not have found the pot of gold, but I still got lucky.
- Cutest (and luckiest) clover in the patch.
- Making wishes on every four-leaf clover I find.
- You don't need luck when you have friends like these.
- If you're lucky enough to be Irish, you're lucky enough.
- You're my four-leaf clover.
- Who needs luck? I have charm.
- Lucky in love is lucky enough.
- You're my lucky charm.
- A best friend is like a four-leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have.
- Wishing you a pot o' gold and all the joy your heart can hold.
Funny St. Patrick's Day Captions
- Irish today, hungover tomorrow.
- Let's get shamrocked!
- The paddy don't start till I walk in.
- Looking pitcher-perfect in green.
- I'm not Irish, but kiss me anyway.
- Irish you a happy St. Patrick's Day!
- Take a pitcher, it'll last longer.
- I'm not Irish, but my coffee is.
- Why can't you borrow money from a leprechaun? Because they're always a little short.
- Did someone say shenanigans?
- Shake your shamrocks.
- Never iron a four-leaf clover because you don't want to press your luck.
St. Patrick’s Day Captions Inspired by Songs
- "And they’ll tell you now, you’re the lucky one." —Taylor Swift
- "I call it magic when I'm with you." —Coldplay
- "They call me lady luck." —Frank Sinatra
- "Show a little faith, there's magic in the night." —Bruce Springsteen
- "If I found a lucky penny, I'd toss it across the bay. Your love is worth all the gold on earth." —Elvis Presley
- "Something special happened today. I got green lights all the way." —Aloe Blacc
- "Lucky to have been where I have been." —Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat
St. Patrick’s Day Captions Inspired by Quotes
- "Yeah, it's St. Paddy's Day. Everyone's Irish tonight. " —Norman Reedus, The Boondock Saints
- "Well, I'm a leprechaun so don't be telling me about rainbows!" —Reilly O'Reilly, Luck of The Irish
- "Luck is believing you're lucky." —Tennessee Williams
- "If you’re Irish, it doesn’t matter where you go — you’ll find family." —Victoria Smurfit
- "I say luck is when an opportunity comes along and you're prepared for it." —Denzel Washington
- "Ireland is a land of poets and legends, of dreamers and rebels." —Nora Roberts
- "The best luck of all is the luck you make for yourself." —Douglas MacArthur
St. Patrick’s Day Captions Inspired by Blessings
- "For each petal on the shamrock, this brings a wish your way: Good health, good luck, and happiness for today and every day."
- "May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow, and may trouble avoid you wherever you go."
- "Wherever you go, whatever you do, may the luck of the Irish be there with you!”
- “May your day be touched by a bit of Irish luck, brightened by a song in your heart, and warmed by the smiles of the people you love."
- "May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light, may good luck pursue you each morning and night."
- "May the sound of happy music, and the lilt of Irish laughter, fill your heart with gladness, that stays forever after."
For can't-miss news, expert beauty advice, genius home solutions, delicious recipes, and lots more, sign up for the Good Housekeeping newsletter.