Whole Foods is the perfect place to get last-minute ingredients for all your Thanksgiving dinner recipes, whether you’re making turkey stuffing, green beans, or you’ve realized too late that you don’t have enough turkey to feed the entire family.
Even if you’ve already set your Thanksgiving table, it’s not too late to shop for last-minute items, and Whole Foods may be the solution to whatever your cooking dilemma may be — but what are Whole Foods’ store hours on Thanksgiving? The procrastinators among us will be a able to tell you from experience that many grocery stores are closed for Thanksgiving.
Is Whole Foods Open on Thanksgiving?
But here’s the good news for last-minute shoppers: Whole Foods will be open for its regular hours on Thanksgiving in 2019. To check what the opening hours for your local Whole Foods are, you can use the store locator on its website, or call ahead.
Other Grocery Stores Open on Thanksgiving:
- ACME: Typically open on Thanksgiving, but hours may very.
- Albertsons: Select stores should be open from 6 a.m. until at least 10 p.m.
- Cub Foods: The stores typically stay open 24/7.
- Fairway: Typically stores follow normal business hours (until 11 p.m. for most locations).
- Food4Less: Hours start at 6 a.m. and end at midnight all year long.
- The Fresh Market: Stores were open from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m last year.
- Hannaford: Stores have opened at either 6 a.m. or 7 a.m. and close at 3 p.m in past years.
- Kroger: Most stores normally open around 6 a.m. and close around midnight.
- Ralphs: Locations typically open as early as 5 a.m. and close at midnight.
- Safeway: Most stores usually stay open from 6 a.m. until midnight.
- Save Mart: Past Thanksgivings, stores were open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Shaw’s: Many stores are normally open between 7 a.m. and midnight.
- ShopRite: Hours are usually from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sprouts Farmers Market: The markets usually operate from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Stop & Shop: Last year, stores closed at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
- Target: In the past, locations have opened at 5 p.m. on the holiday.
- Vons: Many stores are usually open 6 a.m. to midnight, if not 24 hours a day.
- Walmart: Stores usually open their doors at 6 p.m.
- Wegmans: Stores will stay open until 4 p.m. on Thanksgiving, with the exception of locations in Massachusetts — which will remain closed.
- Winn-Dixie: Select stores are also usually open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
For can’t-miss news, expert beauty advice, genius home solutions, delicious recipes, and lots more, sign up for the Good Housekeeping newsletter.