National Simplicity Day 2020: National Simplicity Day is celebrated on July 12 to honor Henry David Thoreau, the author, poet, and philosopher.
In his book “Walden” (1854) and other writings, Thoreau described ways people could tap into themselves and be happier through a less hectic lifestyle. He encouraged people to live simply by decluttering unnecessary things.
According to American essayist Mark Grieff, ‘Thoreau made war on jobs, debts, houses, inheritances, governments, states. His work Civil Disobedience was a major influence on both Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr’.
Henry believed that our focus should be more on nature, knowledge, self-reliance, and creating our path. The major goal of Simplicity Day is to make us take a step back from our on the go-lives and focus on the basics, at least for a day.
National Simplicity Day History
National Simplicity Day was born out of a need to be free from the complications of the world and to allow ourselves to just be simple. This day focuses to step away from the technology, unnecessary stress and to enjoy life in a simple way as it is. Don’t make life complicated.
“Simplicity is the essence of happiness.”– Cedric Bledsoe
“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”– Robert Brault
How to observe National Simplicity Day?
On this National Simplicity Day, take a break from hectic daily life and relax to enjoy little things in life. Read about Henry David Thoreau, his books, essays, and philosophy. Some of the tips for simplifying life,
- Identify the essential facts of life
- Put a ban for impulsive buying
- Decluter the unnecessary things in life
- Live away from modern technology and spend some time with nature
- Don’t get too stressed about acquiring a job or things. Be happy and grateful for with what we have
- Have clarity on what we need in life
“Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.”
“Books are the treasured wealth of the world and the fit inheritance of generations and nations.”
“Do not be too moral. You may cheat yourself out of much life so. Aim above morality. Be not simply good, be good for something”.
“Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, simplify.”
“If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.”
“As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler”. – Henry David Thoreau
- “As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “My riches consist not in the extent of my possessions but in the fewness of my wants.” – J. Botherton
- “Simplicity is the essence of happiness.” – Cedric Bledsoe
- “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” – Robert Brault
- “It is the heart that makes a man rich. He is rich according to what he is, not according to what he has.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “The simplest things are often the truest.” – Richard Bach
I hope you like these collections of National simplicity day quotes. Also, If you’ve found us useful, please do consider telling your friends about it. All you have to do is send these quotes on WhatsApp and ask them to subscribe to us.
If you like these National simplicity day quotes, feel free to pin them on Pinterest and share them around! Happy reading! Thanking you for visiting our WeWishes, for more updates on thoughts and quotes, please visit regularly more updates.
- Happy Gandhi Jayanti Quotes, Wishes, Images, Posters, Whatsapp & Facebook posts to share on 2nd October
- World Rivers day Quotes, Save River Slogans to Spread the Message of Water Conservation
- World Heart Day 2020: Quotes, Slogan, Wishes, Poster and WhatsApp Status
- World Alzheimer’s Day Quotes and Sayings, Poster, Wishes & More
- World Rose Day Quotes, Significance, History – To Bring Happiness In The Lives Of Cancer Patients