There are plenty of board games out there in the market. Chess is undoubtedly one of them, and this is the one game that is even suggested for kids. Chess is an educational tool that can help you focus. Children learn the consequences of their actions if they play Chess regularly.
Chess even builds confidence and develops problem-solving skills among adults. It helps you flex your brain muscles and makes you understand how to keep calm even under immense pressure. Just like other board games, Chess has its online version as well. There are so many sites where you can also play the free versions (Which is suggested to start with)! Click here to learn about chess games: https://www.mpl.live/chess.
Given the current scenario, most people are going for online Chess because they are easy to play and download. All you need to do is search on Google with the right keywords, and you will come across various sites where you can play online Chess. The best part about playing this game online is that it will help you fetch some money home. So, if you have watched The Queen's Gambit and have developed an interest in the game, it is time to download the same!!
You can get the cash prizes directly transferred to your account. So read blogs, watch videos and make sure you become a pro at it so that even you can win chess contests.
In this blog, we will talk about some of the most popular things about Chess that you probably don't know. This popular board game has existed for a long time, and people accept the online version equally. However, the surge has been evident since the pandemic, and people are forced to stay home and find ways to keep themselves engaged.
- Initially, the queen could move only one square at a time diagonally. However, rules changed later on, and she could move two squares at a time on a diagonal basis. The queen became the strongest piece on the chess board since Reconquista Spain, with its powerful queen Isabella.
- The number of possibilities for a Knight's tour is over 122 million.
- Chess was a form of strategic military training in ancient India.
- The word checkmate in Chess comes from the Persian phrase "Shah Mat," which means that the king is dead.
- Have you ever wondered what the longest possible chess game could be? Well, it could be up to a hoping 5949 moves.
- Chess was a game in earlier days as well, which is evident from the fact that the second book ever printed in the English was about Chess. How interesting is that?
- Even if you are a chess enthusiast and have been playing Chess for a long time, we are sure that you didn't know about this until now.
- There are eight different ways from the starting position to Mate in just two moves. However, there are 355 different paths to mate with the help of 3 moves.
- In 1985, Eric Knoppert played 500 games of 10-minute Chess in 68 hours. This was undoubtedly a record set.
- During World War II, some of the best chess players acted as code breakers. Yes, you read that right!!
- The folding chess board was launched by a priest who was asked not to play Chess. However, the priest found a way around it by forming a folding chess board. Since a folded chessboard looks like two books, the priest could later play it.
- There are a total of 400 different possible positions after one move. There are 72084 possible positions after two moves each. And, of course, there are 9 million possible positions after 3 moves each.
- Did you know that if you put a grain of wheat on the first square of the chess board and 2 on the second, 4 on the third, how many grains do you need to put on the 64th square? Well, the answer is 9,223,372,036,8 54,775,808(approximately 9.22x10 18 ) grains of wheat. So these are a few interesting facts that we wanted to share with you if you are a chess enthusiast.
- As per America's Foundation for chess, to play first 10 moves of chess, there are 169,518,829,100 ,544,000,000,00 0,000,000 (approximately 1.70x10 29) ways.
- In 1090, the first chessboard came into existence with light and dark squares in Europe.
- Of the 7 billion people on our planet, about 600,000,000 people know how to play Chess.
Why Don't You Download the Online Version if You Miss Playing the Game at Your Club, College, etc.?
This game has positive aspects; to learn more about it, you can read this Forbes blog to learn more about it. There is so much to learn from this ancient board game, which is played in many households in India. Even if you don't win, it is an excellent way to keep yourself engaged and thrilled during the work-from-home blues. It will help you work out your brain muscles, which can tire after a while. It is a quick escapade as well.
For more about online Chess or other board games like Ludo, kindly keep an eye on this blog section.