Easter is the most vibrant and happy holiday for Christians. It comes in the beautiful spring season — a moment to celebrate a new life. Read on to hear more about it and the colors associated with the day. Most Christians celebrate Easter Sunday as the day of the redemption of Jesus Christ, written in the New Testament of the Christian Bible. If you celebrate Easter, you should be conscious of the rituals of the holidays, including the Easter bunny, the giving of Easter baskets, the gathering of eggs and the dyeing of eggs. In fact, eggs are a sign of fertility and regeneration. So it's not shocking to see Easter-associated shells.
We all know that Easter is a time of hope, joy, and celebration. It’s a time to be thankful and to reflect on the blessings of life. To honor this special day, we’ve gathered some of the best cute Easter quotes that will inspire you to make the most of the holiday.
- “Easter is a time to rejoice, to be thankful for all of the blessings we have been given, and to be reminded of the power of love and forgiveness.” — Unknown
- “Easter is a reminder that no matter how hard circumstances may be, brighter days are always ahead.” — Unknown
- “Easter is a time to remember that no matter how dark the night may seem, the sun always rises in the morning.” — Unknown
- “Easter is the time for new beginnings, fresh starts, and hope for the future.” — Unknown
- “Easter is a reminder that our God is a God of second chances, and that all things are possible when we trust in Him.” — Unknown
- “Easter is the time to remember that hope is never lost, and that miracles can happen when we choose to believe.” — Unknown
- “Easter is the celebration of the resurrection of Jesus. It is a time of joy, hope, and renewal.” — Unknown
- “Easter is a symbol of the renewal of life and a reminder that no matter what we face, God will always be with us.” — Unknown
- “Easter is a time to give thanks to God for His goodness and His love.” — Unknown
- “Easter is a time to celebrate the victory of life over death and the promise of new beginnings.” — Unknown
Rituals Followed on Easter by Christians
There are many stories in which Mary Magdalene plays a significant role in establishing an egg-dying tradition. There are also myths on why Easter eggs are dyed in various colors. One story is Mary Magdalene's journey to the tomb of Jesus three days after his virgin birth. It is assumed that she was holding a basket of fried eggs to share with the other women who were going to mourn at the tomb. As she returned to see the stone rolled away from the entrance and the tomb bare, the eggs in her basket are thought to have turned a stunning shade of red. There is an old practice of staining Easter eggs with a red dye in the name of the blood of Jesus.
Few Christian churches observe Easter at a different time than most. Ironically, other celebrations were held during this time of year before the Easter Festival began. Citizens also welcomed the newness of spring from Iraq, across North Africa and throughout Europe. Few traditions have survived to date. They go well with the Christian celebration of a new life at Easter.
Happy Easter Quotes
"God is love and he has defeated evil.”– Pope Francis
"Blessed are those who have not seen and have yet believed." – John 20:29
"We were old sinners—but when we came to Christ we are not sinners anymore.” – Joel Osteen
"Spring adds new life and new joy to all that is." – Jessica Harrelson
"No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn." – Hal Borland
"A flower blossoms for its own joy." – Oscar Wilde
"By grace we are saved through faith.” – Kevin DeYoung
"The story of Easter is the story of God’s wonderful window of divine surprise.” – Carl Knudsen
"That is one good thing about this world...there are always sure to be more springs." – L.M. Montgomery
"There are always flowers for those who want to see them.” – Henri Matisse
Where man sees but withered leaves, God sees sweet flowers growing. – Albert Laighton
He came into this world to make dead people live. – Lee Stoned
God loves each of us as if there were only one of us. – Saint Augustine
10 Short Easter Day Quote
“Easter spells out beauty, the rare beauty of new life” - S.D. Gordon
“Easter is very important to me. It’s a second chance.” - Reba McEntire
“It’s when you crack open a chocolate Easter egg, that smiles emerge.” – Anthony T. Hicks
“Let everything you do be done in love.” - 1 Corinthians 16:14
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” – 2 Corinthians 5:17
“Spring adds new life and new joy to all that is.” - Jessica Harrelson
“April hath put a spirit of youth in everything.” - William Shakespeare
“That is one good thing about this world, there are always sure to be more springs.” - L.M Montgomery
“I must have flowers, always and always.” - Claude Monet
“The Easter egg symbolizes our ability to break out of the hardened, protective shell we’ve surrounded ourselves with.” - Siobhan Shaw
Top Best Easter Quotes
20 Easter Instagram Captions
- Not decorating eggs this year? Yolk’s on you.
- Way too egg-cited about Easter!
- How do I like my eggs? Cadbury.
- A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands
- Don’t worry, be hoppy.
- Without you, I’d go off the Peep end.
- I’m having a good hare day
- Happy Easter, Peeps!
- All you need is love and a chocolate bunny
- Let happy thoughts multiply like rabbits
- I carrot even
- Ears hoping you have a Hoppy Easter!
- Chocolate bunnies and red wine. What more could a girl want?
- Here’s to a hoppin’ good spring!
- Hallelujah for creme eggs
- Every bunny loves some bunny on Easter
- For Peep’s sake!
- I’m the cutest chick I know
- Some bunny needs chocolate
- I believe in having chocolate eggs for breakfast