Whether you’re single or taken, Valentine’s Day is a time when ~special~ things happen. I mean, what other holiday has the prettiest decor, the best gift ideas for loved ones, and the cutest (and tastiest) desserts? Maybe you’re planning to spend February 14 this year at a fancy dinner with your one true love, or perhaps just staying in for movie night at home with family or friends — but whatever the case, everyone knows that Valentine’s Day is a great time for capturing the moment with all those picture-perfect Instagram shots. And all of those photos, of course, deserve a fitting caption that’s just as sweet as the holiday (whether you’re going for romantic or funny, or maybe even witty and punny). From the best movie and TV show references to the most swoon-worthy quotes about love, here are 45 best Valentine’s Day captions for all your sweet Instagram shots.
Don’t forget to check out GoodHousekeeping.com’s Valentine’s Day Guide.
Romantic Valentine’s Day Captions
- I only have heart eyes for you.
- Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite.
- You are my greatest adventure.
- Still crushing on you since the moment we met.
- The best things in life are better with you.
- Life is better when we’re going through it together.
- Home is wherever I’m with you.
- Love you today, tomorrow, forever.
- You may hold my hand for a while, but you hold my heart forever.
Funny Valentine’s Day Captions
- Found the person who annoys me the least and called it love.
- If we were on a sinking ship, I’d share my door with you.
- I love you more than pizza, and that’s saying a lot.
- So glad that I went from your snack to your meal.
- I love you more than Kanye loves Kanye.
- All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.
- The world needs more love and less work emails.
- I’d press pause on my favorite song for you.
- I love you for being my emergency contact.
Single Life Valentine’s Day Captions
- Sorry, I’m in a relationship with champagne.
- Happy Valentine’s Day to the couple who always welcomes me as a third wheel.
- Here’s to my true love: Pizza.
- Happy Valentine’s Day to me, my cat, and my glass of wine.
- Spending Valentine’s Day with my favorite person: myself.
- Love the wine you’re with.
- I followed my heart and it led me to the fridge.
- Happy Valentine’s Day to myself. I love you.
- Happy Drink-Wine-and-Eat-Chocolate-Alone Day!
Valentine’s Day Captions Inspired by Pop Culture
- “Pick me. Choose me. Love me.” —Grey’s Anatomy
- “You’re my lobster.” —Friends
- “I love you and I like you.” —Parks and Recreation
- “Some people are worth melting for.” —Frozen
- “If you’re a bird, I’m a bird.” —The Notebook
- “Three words, eight letters. Say it and I’m yours.” —Gossip Girl
- “I accepted the rose.” —The Bachelor
- “You’re my person.” —Grey’s Anatomy
- You’re the Jim to my Pam. —The Office)
Valentine’s Day Captions Inspired by Songs and Quotes
- “All of me, loves all of you.” —John Legend
- “It’s a love story, baby just say yes.” —Taylor Swift
- “I just called to say I love you.” —Stevie Wonder
- “Some day, when I’m awfully low … I will feel a glow just thinking of you, and the way you look tonight.” —Frank Sinatra
- “We loved with a love that was more than love.” —Edgar Allan Poe, “Annabel Lee”
- “There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.” —George Sand
- “Where there is love, there is life.” —Gandhi
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” —Lao Tzu
- “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you … I could walk through my garden forever.” —Alfred Tennyson
For can’t-miss news, expert beauty advice, genius home solutions, delicious recipes, and lots more, sign up for the Good Housekeeping newsletter.