Nowadays, Valentine’s Day and Galentine’s Day are a package deal: one celebrates romantic love and the other celebrates the love between gal pals. But it hasn’t always been so. The concept of Galentine’s Day is only a decade old — and originated from a 2010 episode of NBC’s Parks and Recreation. The show’s leading lady — Leslie Knope (played by Amy Poehler) — describes the holiday best: “Every February 13, my ladyfriends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home, and we just come and kick it, breakfast-style. Ladies celebrating ladies. It’s like Lilith Fair, minus the angst. Plus frittatas.”
Obviously, that sounds amazing — which is why BFFs everywhere have whole-heartedly embraced the tradition. If you plan to host a Galentine’s Day party this year — and we totally think you should — make sure to nail your commemorative Instagram posts of the event with one of these cute Galentine’s Day quotes from Leslie Knope and other famous figures. And once you’re done posting your sweet Galentine’s Day Instagram caption, finish the day by swapping one of our favorite Galentine’s Day gifts or watching one of the best romantic comedies of all time.
Funny Leslie Knope Galentine’s Day Quotes
- “What’s Galentine’s Day? Oh, it’s only the best day of the year,” — Leslie Knope
- “Ladies celebrating ladies. It’s like Lilith Fair, minus the angst. Plus frittatas. — Leslie Knope
- “Uteruses before duderuses…Ovaries before brovaries.” — Leslie Knope
- “You rainbow-infused, space unicorn.” — Leslie Knope
- “I like you and I love you.” — Leslie Knope
- “You poetic, noble, land mermaid.” — Leslie Knope
- “No one achieves anything alone.” — Leslie Knope
- “You are the most beautiful, glowing, sun-goddess ever.” — Leslie Knope
- “We need to remember what’s important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn’t matter, but work is third.” — Leslie Knope
- “You beautiful tropical fish.” — Leslie Knope’
Cute Galentine’s Day Instagram Captions for BFFS
- In squad we trust.
- You’ll always have a pizza my heart.
- Love is beautiful. Friendship is better.
- Best friends are hard to find because the very best one is already mine.
- Pizza and you are all I need.
- A girl can survive without a boyfriend, but she can’t survive without a best friend.
- “Maybe our girlfriends are our soulmates, and guys are just people to have fun with.” — Sex and the City
- You’re the ‘she’ to my ‘nanigans.’
- We go together like coffee and donuts.
- Sisters before misters.
- “True friends are like diamonds — bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style.” — Nicole Richie
- You can’t sip with us.
- In the cookie of life, friends are the chocolate chips.
- I hit the BFF jackpot for sure.
- Love you a brunch.
- We make an egg-cellent pair.
- Blessed with the best.
- “A sweet friendship refreshes the soul.” — Proverbs 27:9
- “A good friend is like a four-leaf clover: hard to find a lucky to have.” — Irish Proverb
- It’s the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.