World Rivers day observed 4th September to spread public awareness and encourages the improved stewardship of all rives around the world. At present many Rivers are polluted and contaminated with chemical product. To celebrate this festival motto is create a great awareness of the need to better care for our water resources.
History and Significance World River Day-
World River Day is inaugurated first in 2005 by United Nations. Mark Angelo hails from Canada who was founder this campaign. He is environmental activist and has move experiences related conservation issues. Mark has travelled 1000 rivers around the world.
World Longest Rivers with Amazing Facts-
- Nile- 6650 km in Africa which water shared by 11 countries.
- Amazon- 6575 km in America.
- Yangtze- 6300 km China river to flow entirely within in one country.
- Mississippi- 6275 km longest river of North America.
- Congo- 4700 km. World deepest recorded River.
- Niger- 4200 km largest black water river in the world.
- Volga- 3645 longest river of Europe.
Why is important to protect rivers?
Rivers carry water and nutrients to areas all around the earth. They provide excellent habitat and food for many of earth’s organisms. It protects marine life and play role to maintain ecology system, so we concern about it.
I would love to live like a river flows, carried by the surprise of its own unfolding. – John O’Donohue
Time is a sort of river of passing events, and strong is its current; no sooner is a thing brought to sight than it is swept by and another takes its place, and this too will be swept away. – Marcus Aurelius
Like a river down the gutter roars the rain, the welcome rain!
Just as a drop of water in the ocean cannot avail much; but if a great river runneth into it, that maketh a great commotion.
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it’s not the same river and he’s not the same man. – Heraclitus
You drown not by falling into a river, but by staying submerged in it. Paulo Coelho
Rivers Never Go Reverse. So Try to Live Like a River. Forget your past and Focus on Your Future. – Unknown
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. – Rumi
Rivers are roads that move and carry us whither we wish to go. – Blaise Pascal
A river seems a magic thing. A magic, moving, living part of the very earth itself. – Laura Gilpin
Beautiful River Quotes and River Sayings
“The beautiful occasion of World Rivers Day will come every year to remind us that we must save our rivers because they give us life.”
“Smallest of the gesture to save rivers can bring about a big change….. Let us save the beautiful rivers for a beautiful tomorrow!!!”
“Rivers are the ones which make civilizations happen, they are the ones which nourish and nurture…. Worship them, respect them and save them!!!”
“River is pure magic…. It has the power to give life, the power to nurture and the power to help everyone flourish…. Happy World Rivers Day.”
“River is like a treasure given to us by God…. We must work together to protect this treasure which is the reason for our existence.”
World Rivers Day Greeting Messages
- “God created rivers to give humans life and they are to be saved, they are to looked after…. Warm wishes on World Rivers Day.”
- “Warm wishes on World Rivers Day to you…. Rivers are our present and they are also our future…. Save them before its too late.”
- “The occasion of World Rivers Day is a reminder that the onus of saving rivers lies on us and we must fulfil our responsibility…. Happy World Rivers Day.”
- “Rivers are the lifelines for all of us as they give us life, they give us a reason to live and they must be protected…. Wishing a very Happy World Rivers Day.”
- “Even the whole of ocean cannot do which one river can…. Rivers need to be saved and protected for a better life…. Happy World Rivers Day.”
Slogans on Save River
- “Rivers are the lifelines for us, save them!!!”
- “Save river to save mankind, to save life.”
- “Without rivers, we cannot survive in this world.”
- “Rivers give us life, they help us prosper and flourish.”
- “Without rivers, the life on earth is not possible for humans.”
- “Rivers inspire us and we must save them.”
- “Rivers need our help and we must help them now.”
- “Saving rivers is the most important thing to do.”
- “A step to save rivers today can save our tomorrow.”
- “Rivers are life and we must save this life!!!”