World Post Day also called World Post Office Day, is observed every year on October 9 and marks the anniversary of the Universal Postal Union (UPC) which was formatted 1874 in Switzerland. It is an awareness campaign about the role and importance of postal services in the lives of people. It was mooted by and an Indian Anand Mohan in 1969 at Universal Postal Union Congress in Tokyo, Japan.
Importance of ‘Post Office Day’-
At present postal services have come a long way. From letters being sent to people in horseback, Hand-delivered to evolving into full fledged post offices and letterboxes spread across cities and town to get the message across. World Post Day is celebrated every year in more than 150 countries. It’s day when new postal products and services are promoted.
Three Oldest Post Stamps of the world-
A postal stamp is a small piece of paper issued by a post office.
- Penny Black- First postage stamp that was issued by United Kingdom in 1840.
- Zurich 4- It was second postage stamp who was used by Swiss government.
- Bull’s Eye- Third ancient post stamp of Brazil.
Types of Postage Stamps-
- Airmail stamp.
- Booklet stamp- issued in booklet format.
- Carrier’s stamp.
- Certified mail stamp.
- Express mail stamp.
- Local post stamp.
- Make up stamp.
World Post Day is a wonderful day to get some quotes, know about those, and send it to others. Due to the fact, many of you search for some outstanding quotes on this day. We are going to provide some best quotes for you below.
- The postal service is a vitally important institution for the American people. It must be saved.
- The postal service is huge- employing more than a half million people- and its history is long and complicated.
- More than an actor, I am a performer….. I am a great believer- honestly so, shamelessly so, vulgarly so- that cinema is for entertainment. If you want to send messages, there is the postal service.
- There are major efforts being made to dismantle Social Security, the public schools, the post office – anything that benefits the population has to be dismantled. Efforts against the U.S. Postal Service are particularly surreal.
- There are more pompous, arrogant, self-centered, mediocre-type people running corporate America who should be sent out on some postal route delivering mail.
World Post Day Poster