A significant part of the vaping experience is using a vaping device. These vaping devices are usually made up of components that need to be changed regularly. Changing the elements regularly allows you to have a better vaping experience. One of the parts that need to be changed often is the vape coil.
What is a vape coil?
A vape coil, sometimes known as an atomizer coil, is technically an atomizer head. A vape coil is a crucial component of a vaping device. It is typically found inside the atomizer, the part of the vape pen where vapor is created. It is a thin wire wrapped into a coil. It is the part that receives electric energy when you press your power button. It converts the energy to heat, which is used to vaporize the e-liquid and create vapor. The heat causes it to glow red. Its exposure to heat and the crucial part it plays in the production of vapor is a reason why the component often needs replacing to provide better performance of the e-cigarette.
How long can a vape coil last?
The lifespan of a vape coil refers to how long you can use it before having to change it. Below are some factors that affect the lifespan of a vape coil;
- The PG/VG consistency and acidity level of the liquids inside the vaping device. The higher the liquid’s acidity, the faster the rate at which the coil will burn out. For this reason, some liquid flavors have a higher level of acidity than others. Therefore, for such liquids, the vape coil will have to be replaced faster.
- The amount of power used to run the vape. Using a high voltage or wattage level may cause the coil to burn faster. This is because the higher the wattage, the more the heating capability of the coil reduces. When this happens, the amount of vapor produced will reduce. Therefore, you will need to replace the coil sooner.
- You can extend the life of your vape coil by cleaning it often and adequately. Doing this will remove the dust and oil that could result in severe damages. However, it is worth noting that a vape coil is not built to last forever. Therefore, it would help if you knew when to replace it.
When is it the right time to change your vape coil?
Most regular vapers change their vape coils after around one to five weeks of use. However, this depends on how often you use the vape pen and the factors mentioned above. You will know that your vape coil needs changing if:
- The taste of the vapor in your vape pen changes: If your vapor develops a bad taste, it indicates that it needs to be changed. More often than not, you will notice that the vapor starts to taste burnt or leaves you with a burning sensation in your mouth.
- Gurgling sounds when vaping: while a faulty or burnt-out vape coil may not be the only reason this may happen, it is among the top. A gurgling sound from your vape pen could be an indicator of a malfunctioning vape coil.
- Change in the juice taste: various vape juices feature varying flavors. When you realize a change in the juice flavor, it indicates that the coil is not functioning normally. Therefore, your first response should be to replace the coil and see if the problem goes away.
- Leaking in the e-cigarette: leaking can happen for numerous reasons like overflowing of the tank, worn-out rings, or faulty vape coils.
Note that a bad or burnt vape coil can result in dry vapor or hits. It will make your vaping experience uncomfortable. This is one of the main reasons why you need to replace your vape coil often. Additionally, failure to change your vape coil in time may result in severe damages to your e-cigarette. It will also affect the amount of vapor produced by the e-cigarette.