The International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON), otherwise known as the Hare Krishna movement, includes five hundred major centers, temples, and rural communities, nearly one hundred affiliated vegetarian restaurants, thousands of local meeting groups, a wide variety of community projects, and millions of congregational members worldwide. Although less than fifty years on the global stage, ISKCON has expanded widely since its founding by His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda in New York City in 1966.
- To systematically propagate spiritual knowledge to society at large and to educate all peoples in the techniques of spiritual life in order to check the imbalance of values in life and to achieve real unity and peace in the world.
- To propagate a consciousness of Krishna as it is revealed in the Bhagavad-gita and Srimad Bhagavatam.
- To bring the members of the Society together with each other and nearer to Krishna, the prime entity, and thus to develop the idea, within the members, and humanity, at large, that each soul is part and parcel of the quality of Godhead (Krishna).
- To teach and encourage the Sankirtan movement of congregational chanting of the holy name of God as revealed in the teachings of Lord Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu.
- To erect for the members, and for society at large, a holy place of transcendental pastimes, dedicated to the personality of Krishna.
- To bring the members closer together for the purpose of teaching a simpler and more natural way of life.
- With a view towards achieving the aforementioned purposes, to publish and distribute periodicals, magazines, books and other writings.
The words spoken by this influential Srila Prabhupada are which became golden and wisdom for all to follow. So let’s explore some of the most delightful ISKCON Quotes to learn the way of life.
Surrender simply means keeping God’s will before our own.AdvertisementAdvertisement
If we Learn To Love Krishna. Then we can Perfectly Love Others
The living force is always dynamic; therefore he cannot stop discharging duties. Real duty begins in Krishna Consciousness.
This beautiful material world is nothing but a shadowy reflection of the reality, the kingdom of God.
The Lord protects everyone, but one who depends completely upon Him is especially looked after by the Lord.
Although I am unborn and My transcendental body never deteriorates, and although I am the Lord of all living entities, I still appear in every millennium in My original transcendental form.
You cannot show respect to someone unless you are able to truly and humbly appreciate them.Advertisement
I want you all my students shall very vigorously try for this book distribution.
A grateful heart is not the one that is very choosy about what to be grateful for.
Preaching means to spread the glories of the Supreme Lord.
The transcendental body of Krishna is very sweet, and His face is even sweeter than His body. But His soft smile, which has the fragrance of honey, is sweeter still.
Aiming to throw the ball inside the net but throwing our anarthas into the net should be aim of our life.
Old man’s only faith: To go home Back to Godhead.
The more you become advanced, the more you become responsible for even little things.