Your tasty appetizers? On the table. Your plump, savory turkey? In the oven as we speak. Your Thanksgiving dessert? Uh oh, where’s the cream cheese for the pumpkin spice muffins? No matter how much Thanksgiving prep you do, there’s bound to be something you need to run out and get on Turkey Day. Whether you need to grab last-minute ingredients, replace a slow cooker that’s on the fritz, or pick up a little Thanksgiving gift to show your host how thankful you are, you can get pretty much anything you need from Walmart.
If you, like 90% of the population in the United States, live within 10 miles of a Walmart, you know how convenient the superstore is. But if you’re wondering what Walmart’s hours on Thanksgiving for 2019, read on.
What Are Walmart’s Thanksgiving Hours?
Walmart stores will follow normal business hours on Thanksgiving this year. However, different Walmart franchises have different regular hours, so be sure to call your local store to double-check the opening and closing times before heading out. Or, use the Store Finder page to find the hours of the closest Walmarts near you. The store’s Black Friday sales will begin online at 10 p.m. on Wednesday, November 21, and in store on November 27th at 6 p.m.
Other Stores Open on Thanksgiving:
- ACME: Typically open on Thanksgiving, but hours may vary.
- Albertsons: Select stores should be open from 6 a.m. until at least 10 p.m.
- Cub Foods: The stores typically stay open 24/7, and you can even pre-order your Thanksgiving dinner for pickup or delivery.
- Fairway: In the past, stores have followed normal business hours (until 11 p.m. for most locations).
- Food4Less: Hours start at 6 a.m. and end at midnight all year long.
- The Fresh Market: Stores were open from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m last year.
- Hannaford: Stores have opened at either 6 a.m. or 7 a.m. and close at 3 p.m in past years.
- Kroger: Most stores normally open around 6 a.m. and close around midnight.
- Ralphs: Locations typically open as early as 5 a.m. and close at midnight.
- Safeway: Most stores usually stay open from 6 a.m. until midnight.
- Save Mart: Past Thanksgivings, stores were open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Shaw’s: Many stores are normally open between 7 a.m. and midnight.
- ShopRite: Hours are usually from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sprouts Farmers Market: The markets usually operate from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Stop & Shop: Last year, stores closed at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
- Target: In the past, locations have opened at 5 p.m. on the holiday.
- Vons: Many stores are usually open 6 a.m. to midnight, if not 24 hours a day.
- Wegmans: Stores will stay open until 4 p.m. on Thanksgiving, with the exception of locations in Massachusetts — which will remain closed.
- Whole Foods: All stores will be open this year, but customers are advised to check the website for specific hours closer to the actual date.
- Winn-Dixie: Select stores are also usually open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.