Halloween 2019 is on Thursday, October 31, 2019
What is Halloween?
Halloween is a celebration in remembrance of the dead that occurs annually on the evening of October 31. The name Halloween(sometimes spelled Hallowe’en) is a contraction of All Hallows’ Even(ing), meaning All Saints’ Evening, as it is celebrated on the evening before All Saints’ Day, also known as All Hallows’ Day. Saints have historically been known as hallows, derived from the Old English word hālig and related to the German word heilig, meaning holy.
Halloween is a mixture of customs of pagan and Christian origins. It originated from an ancient Celtic seasonal festival, known as Samhain, to mark the end of the harvest and to remember the dead that is celebrated from sunset on October 31 to sunset on November 1.
While not an official holiday, it is observed in a number of countries around the world, primarily in the West (North America and Europe) but also increasingly in Asian countries, as it provides commercial opportunities. In the United States, it is estimated to be the festival with the second-highest amount of consumer spending after Christmas.
Halloween is followed by All Saints’ Day (for which it is the vigil) on November 1 and All Souls’ Day on November 2. Together the three days of remembrance of the dead form the triduum (a religious observance lasting three days) of Hallowtide. People traditionally visit the graves of deceased relatives during this time. It is related to the Mexican holiday Day of the Dead.
• Halloween on Wikipedia
When is Halloween 2020?
Halloween 2020 is on Saturday, October 31, 2020
Halloween Funny Jokes
- Q: How do you fix a broken pumpkin?
A: A pumpkin patch.
- Q: What do you get if you cross an exam with blood?
A: A blood test.
- Why don’t skeletons hang out in graveyards?
A: They don’t have the guts.
- Q: Why couldn’t the ghost see its mom and dad?
A: Because they were trans-parents!
- Q: What room of the house does the skeleton stay out of?
A: The living room.
- Q: What is a ghost’s favorite food?
- Q: Why did Dracula become a vegetarian?
A: He heard stake was bad for his heart.
- Q: Why are graveyards so noisy?
A: Because of all the coffin.
- Q: Why are there fences around cemeteries?
A: Because people are dying to get in.
- Q: What did the boy say when he saw the cemetery covered in snow?
A: “Icy dead people.”
- Q: Why did the skeleton cross the road?
A: To get to the body shop.
- When I told my wife to use a vacuum instead of a broom, the witch flew off the handle.
- Q: Why are demons and ghouls always together?
A: Because demons are a ghoul’s best friend.
- Q: Why don’t skeletons ever go trick-or-treating?
A: They don’t have any body to go with.
- Q: What does the ghost of a programmer say?
- I saw a skull crying from loneliness. He just wanted some body in his life.
- Q: Why did the vampire go to the doctor?
A: Because he was coffin.
- Q: What do you call a lycanthrope with no sense of direction?
A: A were-am-I-wolf.
- Q: What’s a vampire’s favorite fruit?
- Q: What’s a phantom’s favorite park ride?
A: The roller ghoster.
- Q: Why wasn’t there any food left after the monster party?
A: Because everyone was a-goblin.
- Knock knock.
– Who’s there?
– Boo, who?
– Stop crying, I’m only a ghost!
- Q: What happens when you goose a ghost?
A: You get a hand full of sheet.
- I went to a Halloween party dressed as a harp. The host asked me, “What are you?”
Me: Oh, I’m dressed as a harp.
Host: Your costume is too short to be a harp.
Me: Are you calling me a lyre?
- Q: What do you call an orange, gourd-like vegetable that is funny?
A: A PUN-kin.
- A kid asks his greedy father for money to buy a police costume for Halloween. His father told him to just go undercover.
- Q: Who calls the shots at the Halloween party?
A: The Ghost.
- Q: Why didn’t the mummy have any friends?
A: He was too wrapped up in himself.
- Q: What did the corpse’s mom do when she got mad at him?
A: Grounded him.
- Q: What happened to the cannibal who was late to dinner?
A: They gave him the cold shoulder.
- Q: Who does a mummy take on a date? A: Any old girl he can dig up.
Enjoy this Halloween. If you have a favorite Halloween joke, then share it with us!