So you’ve taken the perfect winter picture to post on Instagram (or Facebook!) but here comes the tough part: crafting your caption. After all, your feed deserves a caption just as adorable as that snap of your pup in a Santa hat. That’s why we have rounded up some wintery sayings that will make you feel just as warm and content as your favorite ugly sweater. From cute quotes taken from the absolute best holiday songs to funny winter puns, these are the captions that we’re liking this season (get it?).
From heartwarming to hilarious, these captions will get you in the spirit. If you’re looking for some expert opinions from your favorite authors, artists, and musicians, we also have plenty of more quotes about snow, winter quotes that will warm your heart, festive Christmas quotes, and even New Year’s quotes to inspire a fresh start. Whether it’s a shot of some picturesque snow-covered trees, a cup of hot cocoa in front of the fireplace, or you on the mountain about to hit the slopes, these are the best winter Instagram captions to for any snowy occasion — because let’s be honest, the snowflake emoji doesn’t quite cut it.
Cute Winter Captions
- Hot chocolate is like a hug from the inside
- We’re all like snowflakes, all different in our own beautiful way.
- You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy hot chocolate with marshmallows, and that’s kind of the same thing.
- If kisses were snowflakes, I’d send you a blizzard
- Snowflakes are winter’s butterflies
- Be like snow: beautiful but cold
- Eat, drink, and be cozy
- I love you snow much
- Hot cocoa + fuzzy socks = a cozy winter night
- Our hands may be cold, but at least our hearts are warm
- Stay cozy, my friends
- If you listen carefully, the silence of snow falling is beautiful
- Nothing beats a good snuggle on a cold winter’s night
- Snow much fun!
- It’s hot chocolate weather
- Keep calm and wait for snow
Funny Winter Captions
- Chillin’ with my mug and blanket just like Baby Yoda.
- Sleigh all day
- Winter is like fall except you need five pairs of leggings instead of one.
- Winter: My new excuse for drinking more coffee
- There’s snow place like home
- It’s colder than my soul out here!
- Q: How does a snowman get to work? A: By icicle.
- Q: What do you call a snowman with a six pack? A: An abdominal snowman.
- ‘Tis the season to be freezin’
- Up to snow good
- Every day I’m shovelin’
- Just remember: Every cold day is one step closer to summer
- Apologizing in advance for the things I say this winter
- Wake me up when it’s summer
- The snuggle is real
- Dreaming of iced coffee weather …
- Don’t let the smile fool you — I couldn’t feel my toes when this was taken!
Winter Activity Captions
- Friends don’t let friends play in the snow alone.
- And so the snow day begins …
- This might be our chilliest adventure yet.
- My favorite outdoor activity is going back inside
- Time to ice skate like nobody’s watching (hopefully nobody is actually watching)
- It’s all downhill from here
- Who needs wings when you have skis?
- You’re never too old for a snowball fight
- My favorite winter shoes are ice skates
- When life gives you snow, make snow angels
- “The problem with winter sports is that — follow me closely here — they generally take place in winter.” —Dave Barry
Winter Captions Inspired by Songs
- “It’s the most wonderful time of the year” — Andy Williams
- “And the sky, is a hazy shade of winter” — Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel
- “My wintertime love to be” — The Doors
- “The cold never bothered me anyway.” —Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez
- “Walking in a winter wonderland.” —Richard B. Smith
- “Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.” —Sammy Cahn
- “Baby, it’s cold outside.” —Frank Loesser
- “Do you want to build a snowman?” —Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez
- “Kiss me on this cold December night.” —Michael Bublé
Winter Captions Inspired by Quotes
- “For people who had warm memories, winter is never cold to them.” — Unknown
- “Winter is not a season, it’s a celebration.” — Anamika Mishra
- “Well, I know now. I know a little more how much a simple thing like a snowfall can mean to a person.” —Sylvia Plath
- “When it snows, you have two choices: shovel or make snow angels.” —Unknown
- “To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake it is necessary to stand out in the cold.” —Aristotle
- “Winter is coming.” —Ned Stark, Game of Thrones
- “There’s just something beautiful about walking on snow that nobody else has walked on. It makes you believe you’re special.” —Carol Rifka Brunt, “Tell the Wolves I’m Home”
- “In the winter she curls up around a good book and dreams away the cold.” —Ben Aaronovitch, Broken Homes
- “Kindness is like snow. It beautifies everything it covers.” —Kahlil Gibran
- “Summer friends will melt away like summer snows, but winter friends are friends forever.” —George R. R. Martin
- “What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.” —John Steinbeck
- “The first snow is like the first love.” —Lara Biyuts
For can’t-miss news, expert beauty advice, genius home solutions, delicious recipes, and lots more, sign up for the Good Housekeeping newsletter.