Everyone knows that New Year’s is one of the best holidays for cute pics — you’ve got all that confetti and champagne, your sparkly outfit and glittery nails, and loads of spectacular party decorations (for that perfect photoshoot backdrop, of course). When it’s time to post that cute selfie with your squad or that Boomerang of the champagne being popped, though, you’ll obviously need that perfect Instagram caption to encapsulate your glitter-filled NYE — after all, it’ll be your first Instagram post of 2020 (and of the new decade)!
Whether you’re celebrating with a night out on the town or with your favorite New Year’s movies on the couch, we’ve got some of the funniest, cutest, and cleverest New Year’s Instagram captions for all your favorite snapshots. From New Year’s Eve quotes to witty puns, check out our list of the best NYE captions so you can ring in 2020 with all the likes.
Don’t forget to check out GoodHousekeeping.com’s New Year’s Eve Ideas 2020.
Funny New Year’s Captions
- “Thank U, Next.” —Me to 2019
- Less bitter, more glitter.
- New year, same me.
- I make pour decisions.
- Expecting a clever caption? That was so last year.
- 365 new days. 365 new excuses.
- Smile, there’s champagne.
- May all your troubles last as long as your resolutions.
- Just here to find my Troy Bolton.
- But first, champagne.
- The new year will be here in a Prosecco.
- I’m still the same person I was last year — now I’m just hungover.
- I can’t believe its been a year since I didn’t become a better person.
- Save water, drink champagne.
- I was going to quit all my bad habits for the new year, but then I remembered that nobody likes a quitter.
- I would lose weight for my New Year’s resolution, but I hate losing.
- You were my cup of tea, but I drink champagne now.
- A little party never killed nobody.
- “I’m wearing the hat. Where’s the party?” —Michelle Tanner, Full House
- “Too much of anything is bad, but too much champagne is just right.” —F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “You know how I always dread the whole year? Well, this time I’m only going to dread one day at a time.” — Charlie Brown, Happy New Year, Charlie Brown
- Cheers to a new decade.
- Sparkle like champagne.
- New year. Same me. Bigger Goals.
- 365 new days, 365 new chances.
- Sparkling into the new year like …
- Pop, fizz, clink.
- Walking into 2020 like…
- Glitter is my signature color.
- Out with the old, in with the new.
- Bring on the bubbly!
- All dressed up with a whole year to go!
- “There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” – C.S. Lewis
- “Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “I want your midnights, but I’ll be cleaning up bottles with you on New Year’s Day.” — Taylor Swift, “New Year’s Day”
- “The best is yet to come.” – Frank Sinatra, “The Best Is Yet To Come”
- “Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one.” —Brad Paisley
- “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
Punny New Year’s Instagram Captions
I love when they drop the ball in Times Square. It’s a nice reminder of what I did all year.
Every New Year’s Eve, I look forward to a good show at Time’s Square … and year after year, they drop the ball.
A New Year’s resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other.
New Year’s Eve is the only time I have a bubbly personality.
My New Year’s resolution is to be more optimistic by keeping my cup half-full …With either rum, vodka, or whiskey.
The year 2020 is going to be filled with so many puns about perfect vision — I can’t wait to see them all.
My friend asked me where I see myself in the new year. How would I know? I don’t have 2020 vision.
Looking at the new year’s calendar, we’ll all have 2020 vision.
I can’t wait till New Year’s Day 2021. Then I can say hindsight is really 2020.
2019 went by like a blur. My New Year’s resolution must have been too low.
My New Years resolution is 1080p.
My resolution was to read more so I put the subtitles on my TV.
Let’s celebrate New Year’s Eve by making many pour decisions.
What did the little champagne bottle call his father? Pop!
What happened to the man who shoplifted a calendar on New Year’s Eve? He got 12 months!
Why was 6 afraid of 9 on New Year’s Eve? Because 9, 8, 7 …